Helmer Friedman LLP’s class action lawyers handle cases in which a large number of people who have suffered similar harm join together to sue a company or organization. These cases may involve consumer fraud, defective products, privacy violations, or employment claims. The purpose of a class action lawsuit is to give the people with relatively small monetary claims the ability to take on the largest corporate or private entities (who can afford the very best legal services) and have a chance to right a wrongdoing by these entities.
Class Action Lawyers Represent
- Employees who have been denied overtime or meal and rest periods
- Employees whose employers have forced them to spend their own money for work but refuse to reimburse them
- Individuals who have been misclassified by their employers as independent contractors rather than as employees
- Applicants for employment who have been forced to fill out an application that asks illegal questions
- People who have suffered injuries caused by defective products
- People whose pets have suffered injuries caused by defective products
- Consumers who have been defrauded by products and/or services which do not perform as advertised
- Consumers who have been overcharged or subjected to deceptive business practices
- Victims of corporate misconduct and securities fraud
- Victims or potential victims of mass computer hacking such as where hackers break into a company’s computer database and potentially steal personalized data (name, address, telephone number, email address, social security number, credit card information, and/or health information)
The class action lawyers at Helmer Friedman LLP play a pivotal role in shaping the outcome of class action and mass tort lawsuits. In mass tort litigation, each plaintiff, even though hundreds or thousands of people may have been affected, retains his or her own individual lawsuit.
Mass Tort Lawyers
- Pharmaceutical drug lawsuits
- Defective medical device lawsuits
- Airplane crashes
- Train derailments
- Mass automobile pileups
Representative Class Actions:
Big companies would prefer to fight consumers one at a time, knowing that most people cannot launch a major drug recall, consumer protection or other lawsuit on their own. Class action and mass tort lawsuits level the playing field and give consumers the leverage they need against companies that harm consumers physically and financially. The class action lawyers at Helmer Friedman LLP are dedicated to protecting the rights of employees, consumers and patients.
Do you have a class action case? For a Free case evaluation complete this quick questionnaire.