State and Federal law prohibit employers from retaliating against employees in a variety of circumstances, even if they are “at-will” employees. For example, it is illegal for an employer to retaliate against an employee for:
- Acting as a “whistleblower” with regard to corporate wrongdoing
- Refusing to engage in illegal or unethical activities
- Complaining about wage and overtime practices
- Complaining about discrimination or harassment
- Complaining about accounting irregularities
- Taking necessary medical leave or participating in jury duty
- Engaging in lawful conduct outside the workplace
- Filing a claim for workers’ compensation benefits
- Advocating for medically appropriate healthcare
- Healthcare workers complaining about patient care issues
- Refusing to lie to a government agency
The Retaliation Lawyers Los Angeles at Helmer Friedman LLP represent employees in all of these types of cases.
Have you, a friend or family member experienced illegal retaliation by an employer?